Surrounded by the Alpine National Park and 30kms from Mount Beauty along the Bogong High Plains Road, Victoria’s biggest ski resort is also a paradise for ‘green season’ activities.
In and around the Falls Creek Resort is a network of first class trails, from easy 1/2 hour strolls to more challenging day or overnight hikes. Walking is a great way to experience the majesty of this beautiful alpine environment, the stunning wildflower displays, sunset vistas, lakes and waterfalls. Pick up a copy of the Falls Creek Self-guided Walks brochure from the
Visitor Information Centre or go to: fallscreek.com.au/walkinghiking
Falls Creek also offers some of Australia’s best mountain biking terrain with rides ranging from easy shared trails along the village aqueducts to more challenging trails taking in Pretty Valley and Howmans Gap. For more visit fallscreek.com.au/mountainbiking
For keen anglers, excellent fly fishing is available at Rocky Valley Lake, a regular venue for the National Fly Fishing Championships. The lake also offers launching places for canoes and kayaks and is a great place to dive in on a hot day.
- Mountain Biking on Falls Creek's plethora of trails
- Hiking the 8km return Packhorse Heritage Trail from Falls Creek Village to Howmans Gap
- Beautiful Falls Creek Falls, a short walk from the village
- A guided packhorse tour of the High Plains on horseback: bogonghorse.com.au
- Visiting historic cattlemen’s huts of the Bogong High Plains including the oldest, Wallace Hut. Guided tours are available. Details: fallscreek.com.au/HighCountryHuts
- Snow snow snow, all winter long! Try Skiing, boarding, tubing, tobbogganing, snowplay...
- Camp on the Bogong High Plains at Langford West, Raspberry Hill or Buckety Plain